• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dowles Brook, Wyre Forest (1 Viewer)

Good report Joe :)

I was down again on Friday evening and I had a Buzzard with what appeared to be a snake also - this was not far from the main path, I disturbed the Buzzard as I walked past (unwittingly) and it took off only a few feet away, a cracking sight.

Other than that very quiet bird wise, all the usual suspects but nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheers, Rob

Last edited:
Good report Joe :)

I was down again on Friday evening and I had a Buzzard with what appeared to be a snake also - this was not far from the main path, I disturbed the Buzzard as I walked past (unwittingly) and it took off only a few feet away, a cracking sight.

Other than that very quiet bird wise, all the usual suspects but nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheers, Rob

Thanks Rob, This time of Year there isn't much going on down the forest, I just go hunting for Owls or birds of Prey in the evening as I know where alot of locations are, and in the day do a bit of Macro work 8-P

Joe

Dowles Brook Kingfisher

My first visit to Dowles Brook, Wyre Forest and I really liked it. Mainly went to find a kingfisher and found one by the top wooden bridge with the bench. It flew off and I had to trek up the Brook to take a very bad photo, crossing the brook to keep up with it. I was well chuffed to get this bad photo as it was quite a chase and it only stopped for a few seconds before flying off. Also saw a dipper which was a first for me, a heron and a few grey wagtails.

Attachments

• Dowles Brook Dipper.jpg
    Dowles Brook Dipper.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Dowles Brook KF.jpg
    Dowles Brook KF.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 153
My first visit to Dowles Brook, Wyre Forest and I really liked it. Mainly went to find a kingfisher and found one by the top wooden bridge with the bench. It flew off and I had to trek up the Brook to take a very bad photo, crossing the brook to keep up with it. I was well chuffed to get this bad photo as it was quite a chase and it only stopped for a few seconds before flying off. Also saw a dipper which was a first for me, a heron and a few grey wagtails.

Nice work on getting the Kingy :t: I go down there mostly everyday and sometimes see them but where Iam they never land anywhere near sadly, They are some little buggers to get a picture of, so well done for that 8-P

Hi guys, i've recently been doing a lot of wildlife art and photography and i've been working with the Wyre Forest study group. I'm over the Wyre Forest on a regular basis documenting the wildlife I encounter. I've recently been observing the Dippers and can't wait to go back there. I would also like to get some shots of the Deer rutting. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know as it's always good to meet new naturalists that appreciate the wildlife. Please take a look at my Flickr stream to see my latest photographs. cheers, Matt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattlissimoreillustration/

Yes well done...never managed a King here and only a couple of Dipper but never got a shot.
Keith :t:

Hi guys, i've recently been doing a lot of wildlife art and photography and i've been working with the Wyre Forest study group. I'm over the Wyre Forest on a regular basis documenting the wildlife I encounter. I've recently been observing the Dippers and can't wait to go back there. I would also like to get some shots of the Deer rutting. If anyone is interested in meeting up let me know as it's always good to meet new naturalists that appreciate the wildlife. Please take a look at my Flickr stream to see my latest photographs. cheers, Matt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattlissimoreillustration/

Sent you a Message on flickr :t:

Last edited:
Nice one Joe, hopefully contact you soon to meet up and see what we can see around the forest. Should be free by next week hopefully.

Nice shots of the Buzzard mate, I managed to capture a Sparrow Hawk being attacked on my last visit. The two birds emerged out of the trees and the Sparrow Hawk soon got away. I only just managed to get a photograph!

Attachments

• Sparrow Hawk.jpg
    Sparrow Hawk.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back