• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mallorca 2010 (1 Viewer)

This is all great news and thank you. The more information the better and I am just so happy that we can now all access this web site and enjoy the latest information.
My dear friend Phillip is in Mallorca for five weeks so I will be going out with him and will post. He has already seen two Alpine swifts, a Red-backed shrike and many Common and Pallid swift moving through. Lots more to come!

Cap de ses Salines. This morning flying south:
Marsh harrier (5)
Montagu's harrier (2)
Turtle dove (7)
European nightjar (1) heard calling at dawn

Salobrar de Campos. Today. 83 Flamingos, 35 Bee-eaters, 42 Curlew sandpipers, 41 Kentish plovers, 4 Osprey, 8 Marsh harrier, 1 Peregrine, 2 Booted eagle, 1 Black vulture, 1 Temmincks stint. Still some Short-toed eagles about especially at the Plain of Villafranche.

At least two Short-toed eagles on the plain at Villafranca this morning and about 24 Common kestrel.Most birders visit Boquer, Albufera, Salobrar and other well known sites but few venture onto the central plain.I can recommend it highly as this year alone I have seen Red-footed falcons, Lesser kestrels and Short-toed eagles together with the usual species. It is well worth a visit. Hot though!!

You are quite right Mike, there are many interesting areas for bird watching that are not listed in the guidebooks and only sharing information with local birdwatchers we can enjoy them.

After seeing the pics taken, the id of this calidris has changed ;), it is in fact a juv Pectoral Sandpiper. Sorry for the misinfo Mike and the rest. Still an excellent bird for the Balearics.

No problem, thanks. Easy mistake especially as there has not been one before! Pectoral sandpiper still a great bird but relieved that I have seen one here already. I was going to go at dawn again but can now have a lie in!

Huge numbers of Sand martin and Yellow wagtails moving through, also good numbers of Bee-eaters (always a delight!).
A couple of Short-eared owls and a Pectoral sandpiper at Salobrar de Campos

Boquer today. Booted eagle, Osprey, lots of Eleanoras, Peregrine & one Black vulture. Blue rock thrush, Common redstarts, Wryneck,Pied flycatcher,Whitethroat, Woodchat shrikes, Garden warbler, Sub-alpine warbler and Crag martin. No problem with access!

Yesterday at Villafranca de Bonay (Plain) still two Short-toed eagles and three Red kites. Several Booted eagles, Peregrine, 18 Common kestrels and two Marsh harriers. Also Wheatear, Whinchat and 24 Ravens.

Hi,

The fledglings of Eleonora's Falcon are beginning to make their first flights outside the nest. It's a great time to observe them from Formentor and even more in sa Dragonera Natural Park

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back