• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Feeder (1 Viewer)

bazdaboot

infrequent birder
I feel I must draw attention to a bird feeder that I bought some time ago. I am not sure now where I got it from, but as you see from the photos, it is a death trap. I wish now that I could remember where I bought it but I thought I ought to warn members of the forum of the dangers. I have now destroyed it,

Attachments

• 984.jpg
    984.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 983.jpg
    983.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 985.jpg
    985.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 88
I don't think I would have destroyed it.....it is a nice feeder, that has/had a defect.

A little modification to that flap-thing on the back, and all but the krafty-est of squirrels would be scratching their heads. It's too bad that that bird got in there....was there any kind of flap-latch thing?

Scott (hate defective stuff) B

nope, no fastening at all. the flap was a bit loose so the bird must have managed to lift it up to get in.
I have seen other feeders similar but they had a hook catch on a little door. this is much better idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back