• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canaveral National Sea Shore (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

Heading out to Canaveral National Sea shore and Merritt Island for the day. This will be the first of several visits there that I hope to make this winter.

Anything interesting at Merritt?

I highly recommend Viera Wetlands - which is about 20 miles south of Titusville. Great for birding and photography.

I'd like to go to Viera.
Merritt Island was good. Lots of birds and gators. I missed the two Painted Buntings at the Visitor Centre. Maybe next visit. Lots of waterfowl and shorebirds were around. I was surprised to see an E. Meadowlark at the halfway point of the wildlife drive.

merritt was brilliant on the 4th jan after the cold spell, there were lots of struggling fish and a feeding frenzy was going on made for a great photography day
viera is usually my fav place in florida but merritt beat it this time

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back