• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

828 HHS eyecups (1 Viewer)

elkhorn98

According to swift they say these have had twist up eyecups for over a year. But eagle optics and others claim they are pop up. What does everyone have twist up or pop up?

828 HHS Eye cups

Hi,

I've just purchased a new pair of HHS 828's and can confirm that they are in fact twist up, rather good actually as first impressions go.

Regards

Mark :t:

elkhorn98 said:
According to swift they say these have had twist up eyecups for over a year. But eagle optics and others claim they are pop up. What does everyone have twist up or pop up?

Pull-up

Bought mine around January 2005 in the UK. Pull-ups.
Musta been old stock.

elkhorn98 said:

elkhorn98 said:

Just got mine this week from Eagle Optics USA. Twist-up eyecups - left eye diopter built into center focus knob. This is the latest generation 828 HHS.

incedentally does the dioptic adjustment move with the focus wheel or is it permanently stationary while you turn the focus wheel like those on the swarovski slc's?

matt

matt green said:
incedentally does the dioptic adjustment move with the focus wheel or is it permanently stationary while you turn the focus wheel like those on the swarovski slc's?

matt

It remains stationary while you turn the focus wheel. The diopter wheel conveniently "clicks out" a couple of millimetres for adjustment then "clicks back" to its locked position. Works well.

My only wish is that they came with tethered objective lens covers like the SLC's. Any idea what the outside diameter of the SLC 42 barrels are? Maybe I'll post that question over on the Swarovski forum.

RATREE said:
It remains stationary while you turn the focus wheel. The diopter wheel conveniently "clicks out" a couple of millimetres for adjustment then "clicks back" to its locked position. Works well.

My only wish is that they came with tethered objective lens covers like the SLC's. Any idea what the outside diameter of the SLC 42 barrels are? Maybe I'll post that question over on the Swarovski forum.

thanks for answering my question,as for the swarovski's you could send your question directly to swarovski via email from their website.

www.swarovskioptik.com

matt

RATREE,

The outside diameter of my 10x42 SLC is 55mm. The inside diameter of the rubber objective covers is 55.5mm. (It takes a gorilla to stretch the tether rings over the objectives.) The outside diameter of my 828 HHS is 53mm, which would make the covers slightly too large.

Please let us know what solution you come up with.

Ed

elkcub said:
RATREE,

The outside diameter of my 10x42 SLC is 55mm. The inside diameter of the rubber objective covers is 55.5mm. (It takes a gorilla to stretch the tether rings over the objectives.) The outside diameter of my 828 HHS is 53mm, which would make the covers slightly too large.

Please let us know what solution you come up with.

Ed

Thanks for letting me know. My search continues and I'll keep you posted.

You can buy any rifle scope cover. Lots to choose from just make sure you get the closest size smaller than the outside diameter of the objectives.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back