• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone know what the warranty (1 Viewer)

This is from Tri-State's e-bay listing:

Warranty: 1 year USA Warranty for parts & labor, by seller
Seller Warranty Coverage: Manufacturer defects.Same as manufacturer warranty
Model: Premier E2 (8x30)
Imported Model: Manufacturer warranty not applicable

These are Gray Market, which means NO USA warranty - just a 1-year warranty from the seller. I bought mine from a Japanese seller through amazon and the warranty card is for a Japan warranty, also not USA. Not sure if you even get that through Tri-State.

Before I order them will Butler Creek 30mm objective covers work on these E2's, can't remember what everyone was using on there SE's?

Hi,

30mm is going to be too small as Butler Creek measures the outside diameter of the tube and the E2 has a 30mm objective lens... I can measure my E2 later and let you know... there's a handy table on amazon for objective tube diameter and size...

Joachim

Amazon has dropped the E2 price to $379.99 for Japan vendor, amazon fulfilled orders:
http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Binocul...TF8&qid=1443457875&sr=8-2&keywords=nikon+8x30

Make sure you are buying from a vendor that is fulfilled by amazon.

If, as I did, you sign up for an amazon.com credit card during the order, you can get 3% cash back and maybe even a gift card you can use during the order. I got a $50 gift card for signing up for the amazon.com credit card, but the offer may have changed by now.

If the offer is the same, then these binoculars will cost you less than $330. Plus, you can easily return them to amazon if there is any problem at all with them. They do come with a Japan warranty card and with English instructions in the user guide.

30mm is going to be too small as Butler Creek measures the outside diameter of the tube and the E2 has a 30mm objective lens... I can measure my E2 later and let you know... there's a handy table on amazon for objective tube diameter and size...

Hi,

I just measured the objective tube diameter on my E2 and it's 43mm. So it' between size 19 (41.8mm) and size 20 (43.2mm) with the latter being a closer fit.

Joachim

Hi,

I just put some rubber armor rings on the objective tubes - I don't need a cover for them as they point down but some armor on there helps a lot when it hits sth...

Joachim

Before I order them will Butler Creek 30mm objective covers work on these E2's, can't remember what everyone was using on there SE's?

The Bushwacker Size 5, works perfect. You can leave the hinged cover
on or take it off.

Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN1064_4.JPG
    DSCN1064_4.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 85
A bfoutch said, the Tristate E2's are gray market. Tristate is not an authorized Nikon dealer, so all of their Nikon items are gray market. The E2 I bought from Tristate did not come with any warranty card whatsoever, although I suspect that these were originally intended for the EU (I bought another E2 from a different NYC vendor with a nearly consecutive serial number with the Tristate unit, and this other E2 had an EU warranty card). Just the same, my transaction with Tristate went smoothly.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back