• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hide for use on Patio (1 Viewer)

Due to the weather I have not had a chance to use it much. I have had few sessions on the Patio and I am pleased with it (I anchored it down with buckets of water layed over some luggage straps which were fixed to the peg flaps). The two man hide is very comfortable for one with a tripod and the spare seat to put your gear - would be a bit cramped for two photographers with tripods though. I left it out in the rain earlier this week and it is not fully water proof although it would be OK in a light shower I guess.
I have tried carrying via the shoulder straps as a backpack and it is OK but not sure how I would get on if I had to take my Camera gear and tripod as well (the hide weighs 17 lbs). So far so good.

Thanks Roy, is the material quite durable? do you think it would tear easily?

Thanks Roy, is the material quite durable? do you think it would tear easily?
Seems quite durable to me - I guess the weak spots would be around the viewing flaps which has see through scrim over them (with zipped camo flaps to cover them all except the back window).
Having never had a hide before I cannot say if the material is good bad or indifferent but it seems OK to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back