• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

G'day (1 Viewer)

bigbadja

I hope you need an Aussie for your group.
I'm retired, and paint landscapes as my main hobby. I live in a small hamlet, in a remote valley 120km S of Canberra. A very dry valley.
My place is gifted daily with a multitude of birds,of various species depending on the season. Currently [winter' end] there are 80+ galahs, 8 Crimson rosellas, 2 warring magpie factions and 2 families of grey butcherbirds and a big chough family.
Apart from feeding them we don't interfere by trying to tame them. We just like to enjoy their presence.
I recently bought an already much loved Olympus C700 digital camera and often go out and shoot 20-50 images before processing them, filing the best, and sometimes making prints of "specials".
I travel compulsively and have developed a major interest in wedge-tailed eagles. In early Oct I will be setting up my new winter studio in Broken Hill, in the desert in NW NSW, learning to digiscope eagles in particular.
I will post a painting and some of "my little feathered mates" for your feedback. The painting will be a surreal work titled "Desert Eagle Watching". I paint landscapes sometimes featuring birds. I do not at thi stage paint bird portraits.
Regards
Robert

Attachments

• desert eagle watching compressed.jpg
    desert eagle watching compressed.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 223
Hello

Hi Robert,
your our first Aussie,and your very welcome!! please enjoy the forums and galleries, there is a section for artwork in the show gallery.

steve

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the Birdforum :t:
Sounds like you have a great lifestyle down under. I hope that you find plenty to keep you entertained in the site.
BTW I had trouble trying to download your painting, but I'm not sure whetther the problems at your end or my end. Only the top half of the painintg shows !
Anyway, it's great to have you aboard ;)

Welcome, Robert

Hi again.
Glad my digiscoping info helped inspire you. You certainly have some great birds to photograph 'downunder'. Hope to visit your wonderful country one day and see for myself.

Hi Robert,
Welcome (I am new also).

Love your painting, and by the way, I am a member of Don's forum also and have seen your painting there. :bounce:

Hello Robert
gday to ya mate!

This site just keeps on growing and drawing in incredibly friendly birders from all over the globe. Keep us posted with your siightings, please.

Hope you enjoy and keep returning!

burhinus

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back