• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A young thrush (1 Viewer)

Mis

I was hacking about in the wilderness, otherwise known as my wildlife garden, today and spotted this little thrush sitting in the sunshine. I think it's a song thrush although the young mistle thrush is fairly similar. We get both round here. I thought it would make a change from baby blue tits!

Attachments

• IMG_6887.jpg
    IMG_6887.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 32
Hi Mis,
Ummm, I'm not going to touch this id with a barge pole! ;)
What a gorgeous pic, well caught Mis

Its a young Song thrush lovely as well. Its strange i found a just fledged young one the other day at Heddle one of my work sights.Strange cos i had never even heard it sing there. It just seems to have arived and nested with out any adoo. I hope your ones stick around to entertain you with some song Mis.

Hi Mis,

A nice one to have in the garden. I don't get either. I can see it has at least some arrowhead spots. I don't know whether this is the ID point. I have difficulty telling the adults apart. I'm glad Dafi has ID'd it for us.

Hi Mis,

Beautifully captured, well done! I'll certainly agree with Daf, a Song Thrush without doubt. Well spotted and what a photo of it.

Sue.

Great photo Mis, of a lovely bird. 'My' Song Thrushes are still taking food away, so I suspect there are some more young 'uns on their way! hope so.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back