• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

external mic (1 Viewer)

Peter Ericsson

Anyone can give me a suggestion of microphone to go with my Olympus LS-12?

This one is available in Bangkok at 375US$ but I think it might be better suited for music? Sennheiser e-614

Peter

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

This mic uses a balanced xlr cable (3 pin mono) and requires a phantom power source (generally 48v), it is not really the ideal solution for an LS-12 I am afraid as you would then need something to interface all that into the input jack on your LS-12, possible, but not really ideal. In actual fact music mics are fine for birds, its just that very few are easily adaptable for ultra lightweight field use.

I use a computer mic with my Panasonic Voice Recorder and it cost less than $20 U.S. The recorders with built-in mics pick up every hand sound if you don't use them wireless or with a external mic. Don't know your application set up so I could be way off on my suggestion to use a mic designed for computer voip.

phil

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back