• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone get Bullfinches in their garden? (1 Viewer)

Hi guys,
Just thought I'd share some photos of a pair of Bullfinches that visit my garden every day! Anyone else get them?
Cheers,
John

Attachments

• DSC01445.JPG
    DSC01445.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01464.JPG
    DSC01464.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01490.jpg
    DSC01490.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 52
I had a pair the other day, and I get a few in the winter but not regularly. A great treat when they do come though.

Not had one where I currently live but at my previous address where we had no end of birds we had up to fifteen on several occasions.

Not had one where I currently live but at my previous address where we had no end of birds we had up to fifteen on several occasions.

Can't beat 15, but up to 3 sometimes visit us, usually in the spring nibbling the new shoots on the neighbours fruit tree and sometimes on our black sunflower seeds.

Yes it certainly is. I used to live in a cottage on farmland and built up a very healthy number of many birds. The fifteen we got consisted of quite a few juvs aswell.

I dont think i've ever seen that many Bullfinches together. Most i can recall seeing is about five or six (also a family party).

My mum (chester) gets a pair visiting regularly, I very rarely get them, although a male has popped in twice over the last couple of days.

The male has popped in virtually every day this week, on thursday he brought his missus with him, hope they stick around!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back