• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need quick input-Nikon USA or European (1 Viewer)

DHB

I posted this on the Nikon board but I need a quick response.
Is the Nikon High Grade 8x42D CF the same as the USA Nikon 8x42HG LX series?? The bino looks identical but the packaging is gold looking and one piece instead of a 2 piece slip together gray and blue package.
Need an experts advice. Saw a NIB one in the local camera shop for $299usd which would be a steal even if it doesn't have any warranty.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Dave,
those are indeed identical binoculars. The USA HGs used to have the same gold box, but about 9 months ago they swithced to the Swarovski-like blue/gray two-piece box. The gold boxes were somewhat cheap and show shipping damage easily, the newer blue-gray box holds up much better. The binocular inside hasn't changed. $299 is indeed a steal, snap it up!

Jason
PS my "expertise" would come from working for a binocular wholesaler/retailer.

Thanks Jasonsailing. Your employer wouldn't be EO? Thanks again.
PS- I assume these probably don't have a warranty or could they be just the earlier version of the USA version.
Dave

DHB said:
Thanks Jasonsailing. Your employer wouldn't be EO? Thanks again.
PS- I assume these probably don't have a warranty or could they be just the earlier version of the USA version.
Dave

Dave,

I do work at Eagle Optics! At the $299 price, I would also assume something like a warranty is missing, or are they going out of business? Or don't they know what they have? As far as I know, the HGs (Venturer LX) haven't changed optically since production inside that gold box.

Jason

There is also a pair on ebay right now that are due to close this evening. Search on "Nikon Binoculars 8 x 42 D CF High Grade New."

I think there is also a pair of 10x42s similarly titled.

Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back