• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can anyone identify these? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me exactly which model these are?

And, any other info about them - especially if they have twist eyecups and/or if you have any experience of using these with glasses

Cheers

Attachments

• d74d_1.jpg
    d74d_1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 198
I don't know a precise model but they are an older pair of Zeiss compacts, they have rubber eyecups (not twist up ones). I've tried a few pairs, they are decent little bins, but not up to the standard of the current top end compacts.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me exactly which model these are?

And, any other info about them - especially if they have twist eye-cups and/or if you have any experience of using these with glasses

Cheers

Zeiss compact 8 x 20, single coated optics with fold down eye-cups for spectacle wearers. circa 1980's.

I have owned a pair of Zeiss compact 10 x 25 since 1987. Optically very good.

Zeiss compact 8 x 20, single coated optics with fold down eye-cups for spectacle wearers. circa 1980's.

I have owned a pair of Zeiss compact 10 x 25 since 1987. Optically very good.

Zeiss Classic 8x20B. Made in Germany. Fully MULTI-Coated (Zeiss T* multi coating), of course. From 1988- phase-correction coating (P). Optically identical to today's 8x20 Conquest (only difference: smooth surface now). Fold-down rubber eyecups.

Cheers, Tom

Attachments

• S-2.jpg
    S-2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 857a_1.JPG
    857a_1.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 85e8_1.JPG
    85e8_1.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 8x20.jpg
    8x20.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 100
Zeiss Classic 8x20B. Made in Germany. Fully MULTI-Coated (Zeiss T* multi coating), of course. From 1988- phase-correction coating (P). Optically identical to today's 8x20 Conquest (only difference: smooth surface now). Fold-down rubber eyecups.

Cheers, Tom

one more:

Attachments

• 7476_3.JPG
    7476_3.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 107
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back