• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hooded Merganser! (1 Viewer)

Catherine3678

I had a wonderful "birding break" today ...
The recent rains and wind have brought in more water to the river so the swamp area actually looks like a duck pond ... complete with lots of ducks!

The past few days a merganser has been around and today I was able to see him too and got some photos! Also ... got a better photo of that 'little yellow bird' and more sightings of the turkey vulture. I have concluded that my distance perception of how far away birds are when they are flying is kapooey ... I thought I was taking photos of the osprey ... but once uploaded to the computer ... no way! That's the turkey vulture again ...

And ... gee I'm feeling spoiled ... "finally" I got a half decent photo of the neighbourhood cardinal.

Attachments

• yellowbird.jpg
    yellowbird.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 136
  • visitor.jpg
    visitor.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Cardinal 2.jpg
    Cardinal 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 127
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back