• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

need a bit of help with photoshop 7 (1 Viewer)

itstooflathere

hi i have Pshop 7 but its old and i can't use any raw files, how ever theres the Pshop CS2 and the new 3 version which you can buy as an plug in or an upgrade, these cost about £150 or so, will this work with my Pshop 7 so i don't have to go and buy a full CS3 at about £500,

any help would be great as no 1 at PC world knows anything,

regards carl

If you have a legit version of PS7, then the upgrade is the full version of CS2 or CS3. i.e. you can bin PS7 as you'll have the full new version.

cheers
Andy

Andy Bright said:
If you have a legit version of PS7, then the upgrade is the full version of CS2 or CS3. i.e. you can bin PS7 as you'll have the full new version.

cheers
Andy

thanks for the fast reply. well no my Pshop 7 isn't legit its from my cousin, i coped it from him, still has all the code and sign in and is full working but i can't get any raw updates for it, i'm sure there must be some way to add to it,

regards carl

May I politely suggest you buy some legit software, like (most of) the rest of us do...

What RAW format are you looking to use ? Nikon is easy (NEF), Pshop 7 will handle it fine.

Keith Reeder said:
Indeed - in fact the mods should delete the thread, IMHO.

well it looks to me if most on here are o:) not! some of us can't afford top wack prices all the time and are gratefull when items are lent or given by family members who try to help out. All i wanted was information and advise i didn't expect to be slated on this site which is supposed to be for the interests of wildlife. Maybe i joined the wrong site and should now look for one with no small minded contributors. And this ps7 that i used was only copied from my cousin NOT PIRATED as suggested. He who is without sin shall cast the first stone.

itstooflathere said:
well it looks to me if most on here are o:) not! some of us can't afford top wack prices all the time and are gratefull when items are lent or given by family members who try to help out. All i wanted was information and advise i didn't expect to be slated on this site which is supposed to be for the interests of wildlife. Maybe i joined the wrong site and should now look for one with no small minded contributors. And this ps7 that i used was only copied from my cousin NOT PIRATED as suggested. He who is without sin shall cast the first stone.

Hello carl.
Sorry but I can't help with your query. Nothing to do with where you get your software from, your conscience is after all your own affair; I just don't know the answer.

I did try to help by asking which RAW format he needs, but if he won't reply, I can't really help :)

If you do tell us, then maybe someone will help (even me :) )

itstooflathere said:
And this ps7 that i used was only copied from my cousin NOT PIRATED as suggested.

This was a joke, right! ?

Or do you really think it's ok to copy software, your copy is not legal only your cousins copy is, you may have a copy of the software and a valid licence key but unless your cousin bought a 2 users licence, then you have a pirate copy my friend.

o:) Only legal software on my pc at the moment :)

PS. Didn't Adobe do a RAW plugin, used to cost $99, if it's still available just buy that (or get your cousin to get it and copy it ;) )

jeff said:
PS. Didn't Adobe do a RAW plugin, used to cost $99, if it's still available just buy that (or get your cousin to get it and copy it ;) )

hi all and thanks for some help, i use a 300d soon to be a 30d, the canon software as it should can store raw files, but sending it to PS7 it down grades it to tiff, well after just having a months free CS2 try out, useing the cameras adobes colour profile and the CS2 raw imaging is just too good to pass, it just has the added touch, just trying to find out if the up date or plug in CS2 will work, if you look at the warehouseexpress web site, and have a look at adobes software there are 2 types a full version, and another £150, i think this is the 1 what will work with the ps7, for about 2 months nows i've been pulling my hair out over this, regards carl. :stuck:

jeff said:

LoL Jeff i bet you stick to all the speed limits ;) , every 1 in this world breaks the law every day, and i think Adobe can afford to loose 1 or 2 copes, and if my cousin had the add on i would have it, its called saving money, i'm no o:) and never will be, so if people stop beeing a load of great tits and grow up may be we'll get some were, 8-P

OK, a bit more stuff which might help :

Have you got the Canon RAW convertor for a start ? I think it does some of the WB, contrast etc that Nikon Capture does for me.
http://software.canon-europe.com/software/0026135.asp?model=

The RAW Codec :
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Canon_RAW_Codec/1175512693/1

Breeze Browser thing -
http://www.breezesys.com/
http://www.breezesys.com/BreezeBrowser/help/BreezeBrowser.htm
$69 for the registered version, handles Canon RAW and does all of the same sort of stuff thast Nikon Capture does for me.

hth, I'll say no more... :)

itstooflathere said:
LoL Jeff i bet you stick to all the speed limits ;) , every 1 in this world breaks the law every day, and i think Adobe can afford to loose 1 or 2 copes, and if my cousin had the add on i would have it, its called saving money, i'm no o:) and never will be, so if people stop beeing a load of great tits and grow up may be we'll get some were, 8-P

Nope, but all my software IS currently legal :)

I think you'll find most of the replies were trying to be helpful, even the one asking the thread to be deleted, he was trying to save you from the Adobe detectives :)

Good luck, no wonder you can afford the 30D all the money you've saved on software, maybe i should do the same :brains:

jeff said:
Nope, but all my software IS currently legal :)

I think you'll find most of the replies were trying to be helpful, even the one asking the thread to be deleted, he was trying to save you from the Adobe detectives :)

Good luck, no wonder you can afford the 30D all the money you've saved on software, maybe i should do the same :brains:

hi again, Jeff i haven't got the 30d yet just i think its a good up grade from the 300d which is a good camera but does have a problem with dust getting on the senser i think thats how you spell it,

off the topic of the software from hell lol, i was thinking of doing some reviews, 1 beeing my sigma 50-500mm lens and the ex manfrotto 322rc2 auction grip, i've got a little neat trick i do with the rc2 so i can have both hands on the camera but still be alble to move the camera all over like its beeing hand held but its on the tripod, can use a low shutter speed like that, its great for macro, i've never done a review ever so come on people egg me on to do 1????

over and out regards carl

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back