• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CP A95 & Kowa TSN823 (1 Viewer)

Gaga

A friend of mine is looking for a digiscoping adapter. He's using a Canon Powershot A95 with his Kowa TSN823 (angled). Is there somebody on this forum using the same material? Which adapter are you using?

Thanks for any advice!

Gaga said:
A friend of mine is looking for a digiscoping adapter. He's using a Canon Powershot A95 with his Kowa TSN823 (angled). Is there somebody on this forum using the same material? Which adapter are you using?

Thanks for any advice!

Hi there,

Like Bagpuss, I'm using a home-made adaptor with my 663/Sony W12 combo. Rather than the "platform" arrangement that seems popular, I went for a cloned custom copy of the official Kowa TSN-DA1. I really couldn't bring myself to pay the mega-bucks of the genuine item and my home made copy could be designed to work specifically for my camera/eyepiece combo.

If you have a search of this forum you'll find many, many ideas. Each have their benefits and disadvantages. Personally I don't like the idea of hanging any load off the bayonet fit eyepiece, it just seems like it's inviting a disaster if the bayonet rotates a little. I know others have clamped things to the eyepiece without any problems so it's probably just me being over cautious.

Have a browse of the "why not make your own adaptor" thread here:
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=3583
Lots of ideas.

Regards,

Duncan

Hi Gaga,
Your friend can go to Astronomie PL on St-Hubert street, they can made an adapter for him with a 52mm thread for the lens extender to the exact diameter of his eyepiece and this at really low price.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back