Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Better case for Celestron Regal M2 80 scope

Old Wednesday 1st October 2014, 01:58   #1
NatureLvrCanada

Better case for Celestron Regal M2 80 scope

My Celestron Regal M2 80 came with a form fitting black nylon case with little padding. It was a bit tight too because I have an Arca Swiss lens plate attached to the scope. This way I can attach it to the Wimberley Side Kick camera mount on a Gitzo 6x carbon fibre tripod. I do photography as well so that's why I use a Side Kick and Arco Swiss mounts on a very sturdy but light tripod.

Well, I found a more loose fitting but still snug case. It's made by Celestron to fit the Regal M2 scopes. Paid $28 Canadian for mine.

http://www.canadiantelescopes.com/Sh...l#.VCtd4410xpg
Old Wednesday 1st October 2014, 14:00   #2
Josh Exmoor

Hmm, looks good. I've been needing a replacement case for my Regal M2 80mm ever since I somehow dropped mine during a big day earlier this year. I'm curious to hear some impressions once you get it.
Old Saturday 11th June 2016, 10:57   #3
Ries

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better case for the 65? The one that I got with it is too small for comfort, need to pull the zipper so tight over the ocular the seams will crack someday... Does anyone know of another case that might fit?
Old Tuesday 14th June 2016, 12:02   #4
Nixterdemus

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/categ...g-Scope-Covers

I understand the custom case, same price, is made in house.

I've read one gent that bought a case for a 100ED & he seemed satisfied. I have no personal knowledge or association.

Last edited by Nixterdemus : Tuesday 14th June 2016 at 14:53.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: