• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera/Adapter for Vortex Skyline 80mm ED (1 Viewer)

Hi,
I Have a Vortex 80mm w/ED spotting scope and am trying to set it up for digiscoping therefore I have a couple of questions regarding adapters and cameras.
I currently have a Canon Powershot A520 p/s. The tripod mount is on the far left hand side of the camera. I also have the Olympus E-510.

(1) Is the A520 ok for digiscoping?
(2) What is the best adapter for the A520 considering the off center tripod mount? I tried the Vortex MK-1 and that will not work.
(3) Is it even possible to set up something with the Oly E-510?

thanks for your help
trex

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back