• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Foton 7x35 (1 Viewer)

Darko

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I have a question:
I saw a Foton 7x35 on catawiki (http://www.catawiki.nl/l/37634823-foton-7x35), I would like to have it, they told me that they are very good, but what is the right price? I don't want to pay too much either.

Are there any experts here who have more information about the Foton 7x35.

Greetings Darko

Last edited:
Hi Darko and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Binocular forum and subscribed you to the thread so that you can find it easily. You will receive an email with a link to click on which will bring you straight here.

Meanwhile, I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Yep further to PeterPS' post another link given under "Similar threads" at bottom of page.
Was gonna say $100 or so here (which tends to translate to £100 in UK) wouldn't be a bad price for a new one (so maybe half that for a good used one?) :
https://www.binocularsmart.com/binoculars/russian_bkfc_binoculars_7_x_35.shtml
You might struggle to find a Chinese manufactured optic at that price which has the same combination of ruggedness and compactness and light weight. In hand does feel a bit "crude", the eye relief is short and the view is a bit yellowish by modern standards (quite substantial field curvature too but fortunately it is quite wide). For non spectacle wearers generally seem to be easy and natural to use.

Darko, post 1 and 5,
On the WEB-site of House of Outdoor I have published a test of 7x35 Leica Retrovids, but in that test I have also included a Foton 7x35. Look under "verrekijkers testen en vergelijken" .
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back