• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

how do i unclog parakeet nose (1 Viewer)

blink

hi,
i bought my parakeet/budgie in june, and in oct it got a cold, due to, i believe, the pellet stove i use to heat my house. the vet was over 100 dollars, and he got a shot, saline nasal flush, and meds. now, a few weeks later, he again has clogged nostrils, and i started the meds, but cannot afford to take him to the vet again. can anyone tell me how to flush the nose out myself??? also, what else could cause this (i live in a minimal dust house due to my own allergies, and a smokefree home)? can a bird have allergies? i am moving to a baseboard hot water/propane house in 3 weeks..hopefully being away from pellet stove will help my bird, but until then, can anyone help? erin

This is really a wild bird forum, although there are some member with knowledge of captives.
I would try doing a search on google, as I'm sure that that would show many more suitable sites.

I'm suprised at the mild reply from Steve, he is usually much more acidic in replies about our captive avian friends!.

Hi blink,

Welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin.

As has already been stated this forum is devoted to wild birds. You should approach a forum devoted to pets for an answer to your question.

We will be pleased to here about you experience with wild birds in the future.

Steve, Alan and Robin,

I just want to say that I am very pleased with the way you responded to this question. It's nice to see a polite response to a non-wild bird question.

Way to go!

Regards
Shaun

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back