• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Please - Warwickshire UK (1 Viewer)

Geoff Haynes

Just looking through photos taken at weekend , came across this wagtail , it looks very light compaired to the ones i see in my garden ?

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 190
Not too sure about identifying these, don't think it's too dark for a white though, here in this part of France yarelli is a major rarity, and I've seen whites darker than this. In conclusion, I don't know!

Hi Geoff

Just wondering if the Wagtail was at Draycote? If so, a White Wagtail was reported on 21st March on Draycote Bank near the valve tower. Looks like White to me, but alas, I am no expert!

Just looking through photos taken at weekend , came across this wagtail , it looks very light compaired to the ones i see in my garden ?

I'm with Hotspur. The rump is not visible, but there is a suggestion of dark, hence I would opt for Pied.

A few years since I have seen White at Gib. Point NNR in Lincolnshire. The business about the cap and bib not being connected is less helpful in my view because of confusion with female Pied.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back