• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Imagic 65/80 (1 Viewer)

P H

anyone use either of these scopes ? what they like performance wise ? I know you can only get them from LCE shops or from opticron. Or any other scope around same price £200/£350.

anyone use either of these scopes ? what they like performance wise ? I know you can only get them from LCE shops or from opticron. Or any other scope around same price £200/£350.

Hello PH.
I run an Opticron Imagic80 ED with a 32x eyepiece.
Also a Pentax PF-80ED. With both of which I'm highly
delighted.

Kind regards,
young Ian.

Checked the 65 angled with 27x wide HR eyepiece, I went, I so, I veiwed then I left without the scope could'nt get really sharp image and it was a dull image.

Checked the 65 angled with 27x wide HR eyepiece, I went, I so, I veiwed then I left without the scope could'nt get really sharp image and it was a dull image.

Hello P H.
Sorry to hear of your disappointment.
I agree with Mayoayo's observations. As I
stated earlier I have the Imagic 80ED + HDF
32x eyepiece. I cannot fault it in any way.
Indeed, so good is it that I wouldn't sell it
(well, not readily anyway). Even though I have
the Pentax PF80. and PF65.

Although I must state that I have never
tried the Imagic 65. I can only assume that the
answer lies in the eyepiece. Try an HDF before
giving up.

Kindest regards,
young Ian.

Hi Ian, Yes that may be the way to go. I've been a birdie for 20+ years but never really wanted or needed a scope making do with binos. Thought about a good camcorder over the years could have got some great footage Ospreys, young Cuckoo been fed by Dunnock, Perigrines, Owls, Kingfishers. Now camcorders are even smaller with 30-40 gig hard drives, bigger optical zooms may look into it again and not bother with a scope.

P H

Yep, I agree about the HDF eye piece. I bought the imagic 65 from in-focus about 7 years ago and its been great. Upgrading the eyepiece was well worth the money. I did have the 20 wide angle, now I have a zoom lens. Its a bit narrow/tunnel effect but certainly does the job for me as the image is excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back