• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fritillary for ID French Alps (1 Viewer)

Thanks Josh. I agree and I think I've come to the conclusion that it's not safe to identify to species on my photo but if anyone can convince me otherwise, I'd love to be convinced.

None that show anymore detail of the underwing. This shows the upperwing a little better. Basically it wasn't in the mood to cooperate.

Attachments

• 8fritillarysp200001small.jpg
    8fritillarysp200001small.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Upper forewing, according to Lafranchis, has post-discal and submarginal spots broadly parallel from s1b to s6 for napaea, but closer in s4-s6 than they are in s1b-s3 for pales.

I think yours more suits pales - Shepherd's Fritillary.

But I would not wage too much money on that id :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back