• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to buy inexpensive nest boxes? Especially wren boxes. (1 Viewer)

nharrier

Hello. I'm looking for decent wren nest boxes and since I want to buy maybe 2 or 3, I don't want to spend $20 or $30 for each one! Any idea where to get cheaper (but still good quality) boxes? I'm looking for the little hanging ones (with 1 or 1 1/8" holes preferably.) Also, I need something that would open up so I can clean them too. We used to sell cheap ones when I used to work at a nursery, and I can't remember who made them. I got outbid on some on ebay:( I could make some myself but I know right now I'll never get to it! Thanks. BC

nharrier said:
Hello. I'm looking for decent wren nest boxes and since I want to buy maybe 2 or 3, I don't want to spend $20 or $30 for each one! Any idea where to get cheaper (but still good quality) boxes? I'm looking for the little hanging ones (with 1 or 1 1/8" holes preferably.) Also, I need something that would open up so I can clean them too. We used to sell cheap ones when I used to work at a nursery, and I can't remember who made them. I got outbid on some on ebay:( I could make some myself but I know right now I'll never get to it! Thanks. BC

In some reason the program changed the link addresses ?
14,99 dollars:
http://shop.blueridgecountry.com/se...dog-cat-supply-store.com/shop/bird-houses.php

Cheapest idea ?
http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2005/01/29/JoeMosby/316466.html

Hannu

Thanks a lot Hannu...those are great suggestions and I will buy a few of those wren houses. Haha, those cheap ones from Heath are the exact ones I used to carry when I worked at Snipes Nursery. That coffee can idea is cool too, I may look into that as well. Bookmarked the pages. I searched high and low for those wren houses and couldn't find them, so thank you very much!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back