• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesser spotted or Golden Eagle, South East Poland (1 Viewer)

sthwild

Didn't expect to see these. Been swimming in a river with kids when I heard a call above. Not sure which one it is exactly. Was joined by what I believe was Kestrel and based on Kestrel's size, I would say Lesser Spotted Eagle but might be wrong.

Attachments

• DSC00636web.jpg
    DSC00636web.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00646web.jpg
    DSC00646web.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00647web.jpg
    DSC00647web.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00649web.jpg
    DSC00649web.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00660web.jpg
    DSC00660web.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 73
Spotted for sure, no barring visible but genral darkness, very short outer crescent and square hand nake me think GSE

...which goes down to the edge of the feathers and is bolder than in GSE. overall impression is LSE and i wonder if the apparent longer 7th finger isn't just due to still growing p3?

Tom, a lot of barring is visible on the inner primaries actually.

well, have a look at the secondaries, the visible barring in inner primaries looks exactly the same size as the jpeg artefacts in the dark parts, wouldn’t trust them, crescent still better for GSE, hybrids all over the place anyway
Happy with LSE if you and Lou say

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back