• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

2012 spring migration in Jeddah (1 Viewer)

March 24/ 2012

Hello again

as today i am on my one week Spring vacation, the sky is blue for the first time since six days of a sand storm, the longest i have ever lived.

any way off to a great start with the black bush robin (which is a non migrant) coming to greet me when i went out of the house.

1- a pied wheatear was a real surprise never ever i have them in my region before, it was so active and coming and going between my region the neighbor garden, not having a very good teat in choosing where to perch, always preferring the large street bin.

2- soon my prayers were answered as i spotted a gorgeous male black cap in the water bath, but it was too shady and very poor light to get shots, but it kept on coming to drink and take a bath for all morning. looking mega gorgeous almost blue gray. in the afternoon it became a regular visitor to the spot where i put peanut butter to the other birds.

3- a Hoopoe was around at 4 :00pm, wonder if it the same one that was around last week.

4- many lesser whitethroats only can be seen in the water bath, competing with the black cap for water. not sure if the are also became addicted to the peanut butter.

5- willow warblers as usual in the after noon busy eating from the cotton like flowers of the Tamarisk trees, they just can't stop eating from them. saw about 4 WW.

6- at around 4 : 00 pm finally had a clear view of that mystery bird that was on the wall between me and the neighbor, that keep on disappearing whenever i show up, it finally came down to my region and right in front of me, and its a massive surprise, a Northern wheatear, a gorgeous male. i have never had them in my back yard before, but i had two of them in one empty land in the locality last year.

photos will be uploaded tomorrow inshaALLAH.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back