• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Canada (1 Viewer)

Koodo

Canada
Hello, I'm a novice birder living in Canada. I started birding 2 years ago in Walthamstow Wetlands and so far, Slimbridge has been my favourite place to visit. I'm going to be in the UK again this Spring. I do have a question now, though. Is North Norfolk before the middle of April interesting for migration? I'm thinking of going in the second week of April (for a week) Or should I wait until mid-June? Those are my only two travel options. Thanks!

Hi Koodo and a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum!

Sorry but I can't help you with your question but someone will be along shortly who can :) Enjoy!!

Hi Koodo and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Norfolk is good for birding at any time of year really. April most of the migrants will have returned and will either be setting up their patches or will already be on eggs/have young, in the nest or fledged. By June everything should be well under way with independent young, or nearly so.

Here is a link to our Opus article for Norfolk, which contains links to the various reserves and other places to visit, just click on the links and decide which ones take your fancy. If you want more help on any of them don't be afraid to ask in the IInformation Wanted forum. Also let them know if you are interested in any particular species.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back