• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

white throat or flycatcher? (1 Viewer)

lark o'dell

today the local patch tommrow the world
hi guys its been a while since i went to my local patch iv been mainly going to the gravel pits near summerleys and earlsbarton if anyone from northamptonshire or the surrounding area is looking here you'l know there great spots all year round.

however due to me not having a car today i decided a local walk through bradlaw fields was in order, while going threw the wildlife trust part of bradlaw fields i saw a small basically all brown bird, there was nothign else it could have been but a warbler (due to its characteristics) but then it flew from one branch and flutterd around a few branches trying to find a place to land i think.

at first i thought it was a whitethroat at they breed in the area but i could nto see any visible white throat and becuase of what just happend i thought it might have been a flycatcher but it didnt have any obvious colours or patterns that flycatchers do have so any ideas people?

im going to say it was a very young female whitethroat but they way it flew from branch to branch made me think otherwise, the area is so thick of bushes and trees that its hard to find the birds after they have flown off :/

i was thinkking maybe a young garden/wood/whitethroat/spotted flycatcher?

no pictures sorry people :(

could be a garden warbler but the behaviour you describe could be almost anything - best to try and find it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back