• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elf Owls In Phoenix? HELP! (1 Viewer)

magpye

I’ll be flying :flyaway: into the Phoenix area visiting relatives this week (4th of July through Thursday) and I have the Guide to 101 Birding Sites: Phoenix. I plan to skip out on the kinfolk from time to time to do some birding. I noticed there is no mention of Elf Owls in the 101 guide (or maybe old thickie here didn’t read it thoroughly enough?). Anyway, can someone recommend a reliable Elf Owl site preferably in Phoenix, but perhaps in Tucson?

Also any sure fire Black Hawk areas in Phoenix would be nice.

Oh, and for the record, I've had the JOY of participating in the Southwest Wings Birding Festival in the past and have birded the Chiracahuas, Huachucas, Patagonia and other hard to spell but didn't get the Elf Owl (but I got the 5-Striped Sparrow!). I won't have time to get over in that area this week.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back