• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Patan/Kathmandu (1 Viewer)

adam.oscarson

Hi!

I'm going to Nepal this Sunday for two month to do my master thesis at Patan Hospital. I will stay on Patan witch is close to Kathmandu. I'm interested in places for birding, both within Patan and Kathmandu (suitable for an hour or a few) to places outside (for a day or maybe a weekend). Also I'm interested in getting in contact with people who can function as a guide (or just birding company).

Thanks in advance!

/ Adam Oscarson

Hello Adam !

There are groups associated with wildlife and bird conservation and naturalists who regularly go on a birding trip around Kathmandu. Phulchoki hill and Godavari botanical garden area are rich in bird life and is the most popular birding spot around Kathmandu. This is also closer from Patan as it is in same district. You can take a week end tour and stay in Godavari village resort or Hotel View bhrikuti to hike or go on a bird watching tour of Phulchoki and Godavari area. There is also a paragliding station.
However bird watching guides are quite expensive as there are only few.

Shivapuri National park and Taudaha (lake), Nagarjuna forest, Sundarijal, Suryavinayak are popular bird watching spots around Kathmandu valley.

Regards
iTourNepal.com

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back