• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Snow Bunting in Surrey (1 Viewer)

Hello,
I've finally managed to get some pictures (albeit very blurry) of the little bird that has been visiting my garden for the last couple of months. He's always on his own and tends to be very nervy. He does like sunflower hearts but only sits on the feeder briefly before flying off. He's about the size of a greenfinch but is otherwise unlike any other Bird that I've seen. What do you think?

Attachments

• SAM_1041.JPG
    SAM_1041.JPG
    550.4 KB · Views: 140
Thank you for the responses, I'm very happy to have some input on this. I've been trying to show this bird to my family for weeks but he always flies off before they see him and they think I'm just going nutty! It does make me want a camera capable of getting a clearer picture. Are there any behavioural hints I should look out for?

Thank you for the responses, I'm very happy to have some input on this. I've been trying to show this bird to my family for weeks but he always flies off before they see him and they think I'm just going nutty! It does make me want a camera capable of getting a clearer picture. Are there any behavioural hints I should look out for?

Be really, really nice to your family (eg do extra washing up, opening doors, smiling lots) and maybe they'll buy you a nice new camera...

;)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back