• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nothing about the UAE? (1 Viewer)

NicoleB

Nature addict
Hey there,

just checked for a second time, thought I am blind.
Do we have nothing about the UAE, Dubai, Abu Dhabi in Opus?

Just wondering :)

Cheers,
Nicole

Morning Nicole

It would appear that no-one has written anything so far... are you offering;)

I'll try and search the Gallery later to see if there is a landscape picture that can be used, that'll brighten the category page up a bit.

D

Morning Nicole

It would appear that no-one has written anything so far... are you offering;)

I'll try and search the Gallery later to see if there is a landscape picture that can be used, that'll brighten the category page up a bit.

D

Would love to, but know nothing about it. Just have been there (Dubai) last Sunday for a brief few hours (on a Golf course) :/

LOL Nicole

I've heard that golf courses are great for birds:-O - what did you see?

D

LOL Nicole

I've heard that golf courses are great for birds:-O - what did you see?

D

'Mine' wasn't THAT great. Not enough trees, nor water.

But I bagged 3 Lifers: Indian Silverbill & Purple Sunbird & Red-wattled Plover
and one Subspecies: Indian Sparrow (never heard of that one before)

Got a nice shot (for me) of the Red-vented Bulbul.

PS: There's a good website for the UAE, if you want to add the link to Opus.

Other than that, the usual criminals: Cattle Egret, Rose ringed Parakeet, Common Myna, ...

A birding trip to Dubai is incomplete without a trip to Pivot Fields. Also Fujairah National Dairy Farm and Ras Al Khor are some of the hot spots in and around Dubai. Feel free to shoot me a email/PM and I can try and help as much as I can.

I would post some info on UAE soon.

Cheers,
Kartik

I'll be much better prepared next time :)
Thanks for the generous offer :)!
This was just a quick hop & visa run, but next time (end of June) I should have some time to bird (not THE greatest time, but at least I'll get out :))

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back