• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tips for new birders (1 Viewer)

That's why I stick to sketching!!!!! Get a lot of pencils for the price of one camera! ;)

Neil quite fancies doing some digiscoping in the future but as we don't have a scope at the moment never mind the rest of the equipment I think bankruptcy is a few years off yet! :'D

tips for new birders

I have been interested in birding for about 40 years all told, and the best tip I can give any new birder is get out and enjoy your birds. When your out you will almost certainly bump into those who really believe in themselves and havent got the time of day for any novice or new face.However on the other hand there are far more who are willing to help and advise with a smiling face. What any one person gets from birding is personal, matterless if your a regular in the Scillies and Fair Isle or content with a walk around your local park.Most of us work hard,some damned hard and what better way to unwind than taking in the fresh air and listening to the harmony of birdsong. My grand-daughter had her first birhday tother day and I bought her among other things her first binos. They are bright yellow plastic and if I shout "bird", she holds them up to her eyes. Now she is definitely a new birder and tomorrow we will be out and about, so if any one sees a big ginger guy with a gorgeous little brunette in a back carrier , stop for a chat cos were ok , and if little one becomes a great birder one day believe me she will have time for everyone... good birding
cheers Ted.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back