• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oak Eggar advice please. (1 Viewer)

By the way mines a double whiskey.

Harry

Hi Harry, you'll have to make do with some cyber alcohol I'm afraid

B :)B :)B :)B :)B :)B :)B :)

As much as I found the whole episode enlightening I think I'll give it a while before I try something like that again - I can't do with all that responsibility:t:

TADAAAAAA!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

More than 19 months after first finding the small larva on local moorland on a cold and breezy October morning in 2009 I've somehow managed to look after it all this while and produce this magnificent male moth. It's been a (very) long task which has been made much easier with the help of Harry so many thanks to him.

Far too wet and windy these next couple of days for an outside shot but I'm more than happy to settle for this indoor one of moth and cocoon.

Great stuff!

Brilliant work from a proud parent and a knowledgeable grandparent. 19 months - incredible!

robhope

Egrets. I've had a few

Thank you

TADAAAAAA!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

More than 19 months after first finding the small larva on local moorland on a cold and breezy October morning in 2009 I've somehow managed to look after it all this while and produce this magnificent male moth. It's been a (very) long task which has been made much easier with the help of Harry so many thanks to him.

Far too wet and windy these next couple of days for an outside shot but I'm more than happy to settle for this indoor one of moth and cocoon.

Great stuff!

I just wanted to say thank you to the people in this thread. The thread has been very helpful with my current Oak Eggar caterpillar adventures. Thanks to Charlie for his advice. The caterpillar was 'rescued' from my lawn and put in a jar. It spun it's cocoon 24 hours later and is now in an emergence cage. It's all gone very fast. Here are a couple of photos.

Attachments

• P_20180620_111930.jpg
    P_20180620_111930.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 66
  • P_20180626_014346.jpg
    P_20180626_014346.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 64
A female Oak Eggar moth emerged this morning. She slept all day on the garden table. As the sun started to go down a male Oak Eggar appeared and encouraged her to dance for a few minutes. They then flew into a tree and sat next to each other.

Attachments

• DSC09759edit.JPG
    DSC09759edit.JPG
    284.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC09761edit.JPG
    DSC09761edit.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P_20180718_215225.jpg
    P_20180718_215225.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 41
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back