• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop Elements 5 Problem (1 Viewer)

S Crisp

I have been using Elements 5 without any problem for the last two years. Suddenly it has stopped working in Full Edit. I go through all the normal procedures to 'crop' and 'enhance lighting' only to find that the final picture informs me that 'Edit in Progress' but then it reverts back to the original unedited picture. I have tried re-installing Element 5 on the computer but this has not changed the problem. Is this likely to be an Elements problem or a computer problem?

I've got Elements 5 too but have never had anything like this. My only suggestion is to get in contact with Adobe and see what they say and see if there's any up to date patches to install as well.

Last edited:
I would go one step further in your efforts to reinstall. You need to clean out the folders where the program was stored, usually on an XP machine something like c:\program files\adobe\xxx and delete the folder itself. Likewise in your documents and settings folder look for a hidden folder with settings left behind from before the uninstall. Once both of those are deleted, try reinstall again.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back