• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica D-Lux 3 Remote cable shutter release solutions ? (1 Viewer)

jivelady

Anyone found a way around this one ? Anyone got any tips, ideas or inventions they can share ? D-Lux 3 does not have its own cable release and I would like to know if any universal ones are worth using or if anyone has come up with a way around this ?

Helen

Set up is:

Leica televid apo 77, Zoom eyepiece ( 20x-60x), Leica digital adapter 2 ( Took a while to find one of those !!!! ), and Leica d-lux 3.

Last edited:
Works for me on an LX-3 which is mechanically identical to your D-Lux 3 and LX-5 variants. I don't digiscope - but this should be OK, I am careful attaching the release as I don't trust fine threads, but it has lasted me for the 6 months I have had it without a problem.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JJC-Mechnical-Release-Panasonic-included/dp/B004RAW5M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333981785&sr=8-1

Just make sure you have a decent length cable release that is flexible so you don't transmit vibration along it. Many of the more upmarket releases like the Hama cable release 4 are too stiff (in my opinion).

J

Last edited:
Hi

The d-lux 3 doesn't have a hot shoe on the top to attach this kind of adapter. Im assuming that it is the hotshoe that holds it in place. ? It would be an ideal solution if I could attach it. ( Think the thing on the top is called a hotshoe...... Im a learner :) )

Sorry my mistake I forgot the difference in model numbers before LX-5/D-Lux 5. Yes, you are quite right I was assuming the hot shoe.

I havn't been happy with the velcro strap on releases, but I havn't tried to use one on a camera with the simple shape of the Leica so I can't really comment; but looking at the reviews of the 'Hama cable release for Digital Cameras' on Amazon it does seem that I am not alone.

Hi

Am going to try a bracket to see if that gives good results. Will keep you posted ! Hope you have a good day. The sun is out again ast last :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back