• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Not another windfarm? (1 Viewer)

Nothing political in this. Actually this has been covered in another thread by Mike Coleman, titled something to do with Eagles needing help.

I've signed it.

steve

Me? I’d sign up wherever they plan to put it. I’m no wind farm fan.

To me wind farms are just a stop gap move by politicians and scientists as they dance around their handbags waiting for the 'perpetual motion machine' to be invented!

The jury’s out on nuclear power but coal could still have a future in my opinion.

I understand that something like ‘Co2 scrubbers’ exist which can clean up the waist gases before being released into the atmosphere. I would consider paying a little extra for the technology if it meant the countryside would be spared the forests of wind turbines. That power generation didn’t rely on the elements and the UK was a little more independent of imported gas supplies.

How about sticking a few turbines around the area proposed for the new runway at Stansted?

Last edited:
All windfarms in the Scottish Highlands should be stopped immediately, there is hardly a single area of the Highlands that doesn't have specially protected species, unique environments or areas of outstanding scenic beauty are everywhere, can we afford to let these hooligans loose with our natural heritage. I SAY NO NO NO NO.

nirofo.

P.S. Why was this thread moved ??

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back