• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds from north US (1 Viewer)

Gretchen

Hi all,

These are two birds I saw up in northern Minnesota, where many warblers breed. Could you help me identify them?

There are three pictures of what I believe were the same type of bird - we saw several of them, and especially noticed their hover gleaning. They were in a mixed flock with chickadees, tree creeper and warblers. I thought maybe Black-throated Green, but the feather pattern on the wings looks a little like a Goldencrowned Kinglet.

The sparrow here didn't quite seem like a Song sparrow - I initially thought Lincoln. What do you think?

Thanks for any pointers you can offer! I'm rusty on US birds.

Attachments

• northern bird 1a.jpg
    northern bird 1a.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 60
  • northern bird 1b.jpg
    northern bird 1b.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 62
  • northern bird 1c.jpg
    northern bird 1c.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 56
  • northern bird 2a.jpg
    northern bird 2a.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 63
  • northern bird 2b.jpg
    northern bird 2b.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 36
Thanks guys! The Kinglet had me going for a long time - I was so sure it was a warbler, but then couldn't match the feather pattern to any warbler. Finally looked at Kinglets and thought, ahh maybe that's it ... Nice to have it settled!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back