• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from California, In the Sierra Nevada Forest California this past weekend I saw an extraordinary green bird. (1 Viewer)

Incredible looking bird and I don’t think it would be the first time a bird was seen where they weren’t expected to be.
The-Glistening-Green-Tanager-Is-So-Bright-It-Looks-Like-It-Could-Glow-In-The-Dark.png

I don't recall seeing any other color other than green (unlike the above photo which shows a spot of orange color behind the eye.) Given habitat range I would assume that the bird I saw was more likely an Orange-Crowned Warbler and somehow the light made the green color more vibrant. In any event I was mesmerized by the beauty of the bird that I spotted on the west side of the Sierra Mountains!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back