• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NA Birding companion guides comparison (1 Viewer)

jedigrant

I've created a comparison of Kenn Kaufman's "Lives of North American Birds", National Geographic's "Complete Birds of North America", and Pete Dunne's "Essential Field Guide Companion".
Here's the link:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/e/jedigrant/companion_comparison.htm

As I have time, I'm going to try to improve the layout and look of the page.
Please reply with any constructive criticism, such as things that could be done better, or additional info you would like to see included.
This is the first time I've done anything like this, so please be kind :)

hope you find something useful,

Grant McCreary

Good idea to list publishing year. I like the Kaufman book, there is nothing like it. But the age is showing a bit. His book was a spinoff from a CD ROM project.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back