• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summerleys birding (1 Viewer)

lark o'dell

today the local patch tommrow the world
hi all

me and my dad went to summerleys today in northampton, the idea being in getting some pictures for my course at college...

apart from being really cold the trip was overall really good with a total of 30 birds and a load of hopefully good pictures, i need to develope them.

1. blue tit
2.kingfisher
3.coot
4.magpie
5.mute swan
6.mallard
7.song thrush
8.carrion crow
9.great crested grebe
10. tree sparrow
11.wigeon
12. great tit
13.green finch
14.chaff finch
15.wren
16. morehen
17.tufted duck
18.longtailed tit
19.robin
20.lapwing
21.redwing
22.golden plover
23.pheasent
24. dunnock
25.little grebe
26. shoverler
27. cormorant
28. black headed gull
29. black backed gull
30. golden eye

there was plenty of acctivity at the birdfeeders, but that was about it and there was huge flocks of golen plover above the feeding station..

overall a good first trip to summerleys for 2007, no lifers, but you cant have evrything can you.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back