• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello to all (1 Viewer)

jerryflah

Hello from cape cod MA
I'll introduce myself with my most current observation

I work as a security guard at a Power Station in Sandwich MA, USA. which is located on the Cape Cod Canal.

On Sunday 19 Aug, at dusk, I observed a hunting Peregrine Falcon for over 45 minutes as it alternated perching on our 100 meter Stack, various Cranes/Derricks, and "hanging" in the winds aloft.

Alternately it would effortlessly sail West/East along the Canal separating the Cape from the mainland.

I finally lost sight of it as it began a stoop behind an obstruction.

The following day a Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher perched prominently on a chain link security fence

It's super to catch sight of a few birds and get paid simultaneously.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

I so agree with you about seeing our bird life at the work place. This week I saw a Mississippi Kite and a Swallow-tailed Kite ;)

Hi Jerry and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Thanks to all for your warm welcome
I have to relate that "our" Peregrine Falcon remains a fixture at the Power Plant. Early Saturday morning Aug 25 he reappeared, harassing rock doves and raising the ire of Crows, Ravens and gulls.
Later a Goshawk flew in and perched on and electric wire 20 meters above me .
Yesterday was also the first recorded sighting of a Red Tail Hawk. As you might expect Ospreys are "a dime a dozen", as are Cormorants.
As "built up" as the Plant is, its proximity to the Canal lures some great predators.

Thanks to all for your warm welcome
I have to relate that "our" Peregrine Falcon remains a fixture at the Power Plant. Early Saturday morning Aug 25 he reappeared, harassing rock doves and raising the ire of Crows, Ravens and gulls.
Later a Goshawk flew in and perched on and electric wire 20 meters above me .
Yesterday was also the first recorded sighting of a Red Tail Hawk. As you might expect Ospreys are "a dime a dozen", as are Cormorants.
As "built up" as the Plant is, its proximity to the Canal lures some great predators.

Would love to be in a place where a Peregrine and Ospreys are common. :-O
You should post some of your sightings in the Birds and Birding forum, so more will see them.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back