• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

150 Up (1 Viewer)

gary jb

Pre-200 Club

After Ticking A Great Spotted Woodpecker At Pennington Flash Today,ive Just Added Up My Life List And I Have Reached 150.only An Other 250 To Go............

Gary..........

Last edited:
Mmm! Pennington Flash was the spot for my latest tick as well this week. Lesser Scaup putting me up to 194 - nearly into the 200's!!!

lassa8 said:
Congrats! Thanks to Larry Lade I just cracked 160 (up to 163 now) after today.
Jeez, gone past me in just a few months. Oh well, you are young and free and have maybe more time. :clap:

I had wondered where to go tomorrow, and it looks like bicycling. Maybe I can pick a good destination. Will try t pick up some western birds in August.

Last edited:
I just got 149 last Friday, quite a thrill too. A golden eagle, very rare for this area. Also possibly my first successful "twitch" (if I have the meaning of the word correct). After reading about a sighting of the eagle on an email listserve, I drove about 20 miles to the spot, and it flew overhead within two minutes after I got out of the car.

I'm very hopeful that I may pass 200 this year, with upcoming trips to Huntington Beach, SC and possibly Idaho in the next couple of months.

Larry,

I was able to get the Mississippi Kite on Saturday, then on Sunday we went back to Fountain Grove CA and I was able to see the least bittern I thought I heard (wasn't sure) on Saturday (165!)

Tero,
My list was definitely aided by a long weekend in the north woods of Minnesota earlier this month (21 lifers). Hopefully I'll pick up some new birds in August when I go to New Mexico/Mexico City/Florida. I'm shooting for 200 before my next birthday....especially if we get out to California after Christmas like we're planning (fingers crossed...)

Quark5 said:
Wow, it's good to know I'm not the only sub 200 birder. I was beginning to wonder!
Quite a few of us Quark5 I'm on 190. Although that represents progress on my 155 start of year figure!!

Dan, I still do not have the Golden Eagle for this year in Missouri. Checking my records I noticed that I seem to get them in November. So here's hoping! Good Luck on your quest for 200 this year!

Ryan, I was glad to hear that you got that Mississippi Kite. Sounds like you are having quite a run.

Tero, where will you be going in August to pick up those western birds? If you are going through the Saint Joseph area drop by and say "Howdy". Maybe we could even go up to the Squaw Creek NWR or around the oxbows lakes area around St. Joseph, if you have the inclination and the time.

Good summer birding to All,

Last edited:
Okay, day before yesterday I finally cracked 150. Got ten lifers over the last two days, to reach 159. All of this was on a short trip to the South Carolina coast. Number 150 was tricolored heron.

150 Tricolored heron
151 White ibis
152 Yellow-crowned night heron
153 Clapper rail
154 Painted bunting
155 Prothonotary warbler
156 Ruddy turnstone
157 Willet
158 Semipalmated plover
159 Wood stork

pduxon said:
Quite a few of us Quark5 I'm on 190. Although that represents progress on my 155 start of year figure!!

Me too! I'm tantalising poised on 189!! Early in 2004 I set a target of reaching 200 before year-end.... I'd say that it's looking a bit better now than it did then....

Hi Gary

Congrats on the turnstone, i got this cracking bird in portugal.
I'm hoping to get pied and spottedflycatcher tommoro when i go to shrewsbury with reader and his wife.

Steven

Hi Gary,

Me reader and his wife went and i am not going to tell you what i got, you'll have to read my thread. I am just about to type it up. Okay mate :)
Thanks for taking the time to ask.
One little give away, i did alot better than what i previously thought i would do.

Regards
Steven

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back