• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My first attempts! (1 Viewer)

Often the only way to get a shot of a bird you really 'need' a picture of is to use full zoom on both the camera and scope. Not ideal, and of course the images will only ever be record shots. Focussing is also much more difficult.

Normally I use at least half of the 3x zoom range with a Swaro 30x lens, and often get excellent results. The best results are obviously with little or no zoom, but these situations present themselves to me only rarely.

Really its a case of judging the conditions, getting to know your equipment, and wringing the best possible results you can out of it for each new situation.

True, I am convalescing at home at the moment having just had surgery so they are all my back garden regulars I'm afraid. My new set up is a Kowa TS-614, 20x eyepiece and Fuji F31 FD.

Get well soon. As I said great photos so early from a new set-up is very promising

Well done on spelling convalescing correctly. I would have been tempted to say recovering ;)

Last edited:
Very impressive, Jo :t:
Did you notice this guy has a weather map for plumage; just look at all those Northerlies |:D|

Attachments

• starling.jpg
    starling.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 107
Hi Jo

You seem to be reeping the rewards of your little new scope, nice shots in your gallery there. You have done really well with the Jay as they are so hard to digiscope, the long tale tit is nice as well.

Happy digiscoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back