• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Jenas on eBay, real or no? (1 Viewer)

The trader concerned has a good track record (look at his feedback) so I see no reason to doubt that they are a genuine oldish pair of Zeiss binoculars.

Tempting for sure. I'd buy them all if the banker would not complain. By banker of course I mean "she who can decide never to cook when I err" and does not understand what a nice investment a collection of Zeiss porros would be.

trader

Hallo,

this address of Jens Mascher in Bad Berka seems to exist.
I looked in www.telefonbuch.de ( german telephon number information ).
Recommendation I do not know, how managed this. Maybe You can create different users by Your own and make good recommendation for Your own.
I bought only 1 x at ebay ( a book for 12 Euro ) and had trouble.
Complain to ebay never answered.

Best regards
Dieter

Ebay is rife with problems. Making a transatlantic purchase simply complicates matters. Although, I have made five transatlantic binocular purchases, three were fine, one was fair and one was really sour. Some ebay users are reluctant to give negative ratings out of fear of being flamed, so that the rating system is rather flawed.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

I never ended up buying from this guy, while the bins were in great condition they are not worth what he expects, though I feel there are plenty who would be happy to plunk down his price for a pair of genuine Zeiss.

East German Zeiss. Looks real. $175 with a clamshell case is probably a bit high, especially if you're in the US you'll be paying about $40 for insured air from Germany.

6 negatives over the past 4 years... No negatives or neutrals in his last 400 recorded transactions. He doesn't leave retaliatory feedback. I'd say he's reputable and you wouldn't have to worry about anything.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back