• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Frist Swallow and House Martins of the year! (1 Viewer)

david2004

Last Thursday I saw the first Swallow this year on the way to Northiam in East Sussex and since then I've seen several more! With the weather as it is, it really feels as if one Swallow does make a summer!

Then today I saw three House Martins above the roofs of my neighbours' houses! I thought they were passing through, but I heard the familiar summery sound of them calling and saw them a few minutes ago feeding high up! It's great news, the rest should follow on soon?

Any one else returning House Martins yet?

Saw my first swallow of the year last sunday, first two actually, then many more. No house martins yet though.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back