• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama 19th December 2007 to 8th January 2008 (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
Hi,
Here is a report of a recent trip to Panama. I did take some photos: there are some in my gallery here, and more will be coming.

Cheers
Niels

Attachments

• panama report-07.doc
    193.5 KB · Views: 457
Question about fincalerida

Nice report. I went to Costa Rica last year and am hoping to go to Panama. I had planned on Cielitosur and somewhere around Gamboa so I appreciate your comments.

Did you stay in the Eco-lodge or the B&B at fincalerida? My wife is somewhat interested in birding but wants nice private accomodations and sometimes stays at the hotel while I am birding. Birding near the hotel is a huge bonus for our situation.

Spunky12

I think the part we stayed at is the Eco-lodge: if you go to http://www.fincalerida.com, click on the accomodations, and then at the Eco-lodge, there is a small picture just under the heading showing some smaller houses at the front and a long row at the back. The latter is where we stayed: it is one long building with a common room in the middle, and eight hotel-rooms in all. Each room has a veranda in front, and a window to the back; hot-water shower and bathroom in the room. On the same image, the foremost building is the restaurant, limited menu but good food. If she is not birdwatching, she might be interested in going on the coffee tour, where you hear about the production of coffee? We did not go, but was told by someone else that it was interesting. Finca Lerida is a good distance from Boquete, so if she wants to go shopping or similar, she should be prepared to drive.

Hope this helps
Niels

Hi Niels,
For some reason my AppleMac doesn't like your file.
Any chance you could upload in another way? Thanks,
H

Hi Niels,
For some reason my AppleMac doesn't like your file.
Any chance you could upload in another way? Thanks,
H

It should just be a regular Word file produced with Word 2000 (I think). I have tried saving a copy as .rtf, However, that was not an allowed file format for upload here. Send me a PM with your Email, so I can send you the rtf. Hopefully that will be readable for you. I have no idea if the different file format will change the formatting of the text.

Niels

I hope this time the upload of the rtf format file will work

If it does, it is thanks to Ollie who have changed some settings ;)

Niels

Attachments

• panama report-07.rtf
    315 KB · Views: 187
Niels,
New attachment works + I got the works email you sent.
Really whets the appetite for Costa Rica!
Thanks again.
H

Great report! My wife and I are hoping to get to Panama soon.
Glad you got to see the quetzal. That's one bird that I definitely have to see.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back