• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Special Balance Bar (1 Viewer)

Neil

I posted this elsewhere but thought this would be the best place for the photo of my current balanced setup for the scope and DSLR. For straight scopes any piece of straight wood or metal will do with a few holes drilled in it. The bolts can be purchased from any hardware store.
Neil

Hong Kong,
China.
Oct 2009

Attachments

• balance bar_A173760.jpg
    balance bar_A173760.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 291
  • balance bar G1 close_A173763.jpg
    balance bar G1 close_A173763.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 291
I posted this elsewhere but thought this would be the best place for the photo of my current balanced setup for the scope and DSLR. For straight scopes any piece of straight wood or metal will do with a few holes drilled in it. The bolts can be purchased from any hardware store.
Neil

Hong Kong,
China.
Oct 2009

nice solution, Neil.

btw, what lens are you using there? and have you got it to autofocus?

happy birding,
Dale

nice solution, Neil.

btw, what lens are you using there? and have you got it to autofocus?

happy birding,
Dale

Dale,
In this setup there is no AF as I can't get the Olympus 50/2.0 Macro lens to AF on the G1. If the Panasonic kit zoom 14-45 mm then there is AF.
But with this balance bar the camera lens doesn't need to be connected to the DCA and then it is possible to have AF. I do this with the Olympus 25/2.8 P lens and Nikon 50 mm lenses on my D90.
I also use if for my modified Kowa 25x LER eyepiece and the Canon G10.
Neil

Dale,
In this setup there is no AF as I can't get the Olympus 50/2.0 Macro lens to AF on the G1. If the Panasonic kit zoom 14-45 mm then there is AF.
But with this balance bar the camera lens doesn't need to be connected to the DCA and then it is possible to have AF. I do this with the Olympus 25/2.8 P lens and Nikon 50 mm lenses on my D90.
I also use if for my modified Kowa 25x LER eyepiece and the Canon G10.
Neil

that is exactly what I was wondering. it seems to be a pity for me to use a new pana for digiscoping without being able to take advantage of their new AF system :smoke:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back