• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Optolyth thread size? (1 Viewer)

gwing

Does anyone happen to know the thread size and pitch Optolyth use on the top of their eyepieces (specifically the x30WW and x70WW models) for attaching the rubber eyecups? This is approx 1.5" diameter but I don't have the tools to measure it accurately myself.

I'm thinking of having an adapter made to convert this to T mount, alternatively if you happen to know of an already available good way of attaching my scope (TBS80 HD) to an SLR please shout!

Lots of ways

I've looked at that adapter John, and may get one, but they are expensive and while I would expect they provide a high quality image they don't provide the flexibility in magnification you could achieve with a selction of eyepieces.

There seem to be several ways of connecting an SLR to a scope, one way of doing this with an existing eyepiece is show here http://www.srb-griturn.com/dslr-digicoping-526-c.asp . I'm thinking of something similar but utilising the eyepiece thread for more precise registration.

Rgds, Rob.

And the answer is

In case anyone else ever needs to know, I got a reply from Optolyth stating thread sizes were:

Eyepiece to scope: Male M37x0.75 pitch.

Eyepiece to eyecup: Male M36x0.75.

Rgds,
Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back