• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What size is this thread? (1 Viewer)

D0c

Hello

I have recently purchased a PCT Tripod from Swarovski and want to replace the hook on the centre column with an eye bolt so I can use my sling tripod strap to carry the scope. I need to know what the thread size is on the hook or in the bottom of the centre column, so I can make an eyebolt to replace the hook.

If you look at the attachment you will see the thread I'm talking about.

The thread diameter is 11.59mm and it looks like it has 27 tpi thread. hook1.jpeg

Thankyou

Michael Bird

According to Swarovski it's a 1/4 UNC which it's not as its way bigger then that. Gitzo which makes tripods for Swarovski says it's a M12 x1.0.

Local privately owned hardwear shop is where I would go to try to source an eye bolt, I have a brilliant one near me and I’d be confident that they would have a suitable bolt

good luck and let us know how you get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back